Performer Call Out – Paid opportunity to train
We are looking for two Disabled performers who are wheelchair users to join Daryl Beeton Productions and Mimbre in an Inclusive acrobatics residency with specialist trainer Rick Rogers (Paracheer coach, former performer at Candoco and at London Paralympics opening ceremony)
Since 2019 Daryl Beeton Productions and Mimbre have been collaborating on the development of a new show, Look Mum, No Hands!
As part of this ongoing collaboration we are delivering a 3 day professional development residency for performers who identify as female and are manual wheelchair users. Over the 3 day residency we will train and explore:
- Developing new inclusive acrobatic performance skills
- Develop Disabled-led dynamic adaptations to acrobalance/circus skills
- Mixing physicality, theatre and narrative.
Therefore we are looking for 2 playful, inquisitive and creative performers who are interested in learning new inclusive acrobatics skills, who have worked on professional dance, circus, gymnastic, paracheering or physical theatre projects in the past and who are keen to explore something new. The training would involve close contact work, but we have clear Covid policies and procedures in place.
- A wheelchair user
- Experience of dance/movement or physical theatre
- Not afraid to take risks
- A willingness to travel to 101 Outdoor Arts, Newbury
- A collaborative and exploratory working approach
- Previous acrobatic experience is NOT required
Dates: 3 days – Sunday 4th July – Tuesday 6th July 2021 (inclusive)
Fee: £300 – Travel, accommodation and subsistence will be provided.
Application deadline: 5pm, Monday 7th June
To apply: To be considered please send us:
- A CV or similar
- A short cover letter stating:
- Relevant performance experience
- Why you’d like to take part
- What you hope to get out of it
- Two short examples of previous work, or a show real (please provide links where possible)
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inclusion is at the heart of everything Daryl Beeton Productions exists to achieve and we particularly encourage Black, Asian and ethnically diverse applicants.
With support from Without Walls Blueprint, Daryl Beeton Productions and Mimbre are entering a second period of R&D for the production. This training residency, delivered as part of the R&D will offer artists a paid opportunity to learn new skills, equipping them to potentially undertake cast roles when the production tours.